Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day

Happy 4th of July!! We woke up today feeling fairly lazy! I had planned to do a BBQ tonight with the family but some of the family was off camping and Lance had to work so I thought maybe Bobette and I (and of course the kids) would just go out and grab a bite to eat! After I picked up Bobette and went and got some sprinklers and other kid-friendly fireworks Vicki had called and said they were back.. so we decided to pick up smiths chicken, macaroni salad, potato salad, rolls, tater babies, coleslaw and for dessert cake and ice cream! It was amazingly AWESOME! It really did the hit the spot even though it wasn't home made!


After dinner I let Gabe play with the poppers and the snake things! It was pretty fun to watch! Rynn really wanted to play with the snakes after they turned to ash and of course she got filthy but that's okay :)

When it started to get dark we grabbed blankets and met Lance at the baseball field where we watched the fireworks! I have to say they were better this year because instead of them lasting 4 minutes.. they lasted 11 minutes lol! My kids loved them! After they were over we returned home where I let them play with the sparklers... they thought the sparklers were the coolest thing ever!! Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment